Reports and Documents
Documents by Date
Showing documents for the current and previous calendar years.
Documents by Topic
Foundational Genomics Research and Programmatic Documents
- Breaking the Bottleneck of Genomes: Understanding Gene Function Across Taxa Report, September 2019. (Print-Quality PDF; Fast-Download PDF)
- Genomic Science Program Overview Brochure, March 2019. (Print-Quality PDF; Fast-Download PDF)
- Biological Systems Science Division (BSSD) Strategic Plan Report, October 2015.(Print-Quality PDF;Fast-Download PDF)
- Genomic Science Program 2014 Strategic Plan, October 2014, (Fast Download PDF or Print-Quality PDF)
- Genomic Science Program Awardee Annual Workshop Abstracts or Summaries. Current research abstracts or summaries outline progress toward the program's goal of achieving a predictive, systems-level understanding of plants, microbes, and biological communities. (Meetings are held every spring.) Access reports from 2003-present.
- Genomics for Energy and Environmental Science placemat, February 2011
- Review of the Department of Energy’s Genomics:GTL Program, National Research Council of the National Academies, May 2006 (PDF)
- Genomics:GTL Roadmap, October 2005 (300-page PDF). Image gallery
- U.S. Department of Energy Bioenergy Research Centers: 2020 Program Update, February 2020. ( Print-Quality PDF; Fast-Download PDF)
- Genomics-Enabled Plant Biology for Determination of Gene Function. Awards flyer, October 2019. (Overview; Print-Quality PDF; Fast-Download PDF)
- Genome Engineering for Materials Synthesis, June 2019. Overview; Print-Quality PDF; Fast-Download PDF.
- Bioenergy Research Centers 10-Year Retrospective: Breakthroughs and Impacts 2007-2017, September 2018. Print-Quality PDF; Fast-Download PDF
- DOE Bioenergy Research Centers Overview Brochure, February 2018; 32 pages. Print-Quality PDF; Fast-Download PDF;
- DOE Bioenergy Research Centers 2-page flyer, January 2018. PDF
- USDA-DOE Plant Feedstock Genomics for Bioenergy 2018 Awards, January 2019. Fast-Download PDF (Updated annually)
- Biosystems Design to Enable Next-Generation Biofuels (Summary of Funded Projects), December 2017. PDF
- Technologies for Characterizing Molecular and Cellular Systems Relevant to Bioenergy and Environment Overview; Print-Quality PDF; Fast-Download PDF (September 2017)
- Bioenergy Research Centers Key Advances Update: 2014-2016, June 2016 Overview and PDF
- Systems Biology Research to Advance Sustainable Bioenergy Crop Development (Summary of Funded Projects), September 2015. Print-Quality PDF or Fast-Download PDF
- White Paper: Basic Research Opportunities in Genomic Science to Advance the Production of Biofuels and Bioproducts from Plant Biomass, June 2015.
- Lignocellulosic Biomass for Advanced Biofuels and Bioproducts: Workshop Report, February 2015 (faster download PDF or Print-Quality PDF).
- Bioenergy Research Centers: An Overview of the Science brochure, February 2014 (Fast-Download PDF or Print-Quality PDF).
- Research for Sustainable Bioenergy: Linking Genomic and Ecosystem Sciences, Report from the October 2013 Workshop (Published May 2014)
- Biosystem Design Report from the July 2011 Workshop, (Published April 2012)
- Switchgrass Research Group Progress Report, January 2012 (PDF)
- Sustainability of Biofuels: Future Research Opportunities, Report from the October 2008 Workshop. (Published April 2009)
- Breaking the Biological Barriers to Cellulosic Ethanol: A Joint Research Agenda. A Research Roadmap Resulting from the Biomass to Biofuels Workshop, December 7-9, 2005, Rockville, Maryland. Published June 2006. Image gallery
- Biofuels: Bringing Biological Solutions to Energy Challenges brochure, June 2007 (PDF)
- Biofuels Primer Placemat, May 2007. Image gallery
- White Paper: Genomics:GTL Bioenergy Research Centers, August 2006
- DOE Mission: Energy Security; 2005 GTL Roadmap Appendix, 17 pages, (PDF)
- Genome Engineering for Materials Synthesis, June 2019. Overview; Print-Quality PDF; Faster-Download PDF.
- Biosystems Design to Enable Next-Generation Biofuels (Summary of Funded Projects), December 2017, PDF
- Biosystems Design to Enable Next-Generation Biofuels (Summary of Funded Projects), September 2012, PDF
- Biosystems Design Report, April 2012, PDF
Environmental Microbiome Science
Computational Biology and KBase
User Facilities and Structural Biology Infrastructure
Characterization and Bioimaging Science (Research Complementary to Genomic Science Program)
Biological and Environmental Research Advisory Committee (BERAC) Reports
- Scientific User Research Facilities and Biological and Environmental Research: Review and Recommendations, October 2018 BERAC Report. (Fast-Download PDF)
- Grand Challenges for Biological and Environmental Research: Progress and Future Vision, November 2017. (PDF)
- BER Virtual Laboratory: Innovative Framework for Biological and Environmental Grand Challenges, February 2013
(Hi Res PDF | Low Res PDF)
- Grand Challenges for Biological and Environmental Research: A Long-Term Vision, report prepared December 2010 (PDF)
- More BERAC reports can be found at: https://science.osti.gov/ber/berac/Reports.
- More about BERAC
Return to Top
Historical Genomic Science documents including foundational workshop reports can be found on the Timeline.
Request free copies of the items listed above, as available, at firstname.lastname@example.org